WHAT IS ROCKTAPE?
Rocktape is a revolutionary new type of therapeutic tape that is great for treating common sports injuries or enhancing performance.
Rocktape can be used to treat:
• Achilles tendonitis
• Plantar fasciitis
• Jumpers knee (PFS)
• Rotator cuff
• Groin and hamstring pulls
• Lower back issues
• Shin splints
• Tennis and golf elbow
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Pain relief
- Assisting and suppporting tight muscles to allow the muscle to relax
- Affecting change in the deep tissues to allow improved circulation and lymphatic drainage to enhance healing and decrease swelling
- Promoting proper posture and joint alignment
- Muscle facilitation to help weak or underused muscles function at a more normal level
How it works
Rocktape is a natural-hybrid product and consists of 97% cotton, 3% nylon and uses no drugs. The adhesive is a hypo-allergenic acrylic based adhesive and contains no latex. When we manufacture Rocktape, we introduce a bias into the weave of the fabric so it stretches in one direction and not the other. This creates what we call a bio-mechanical lifting mechanism which lifts the skin away from the soft tissue. This allows blood to move into an injured area which accelerates healing and recovery.
Rocktape is also great for correcting tracking issues in knees, shoulders or elbows. It can also be used to correct posture problems including those associated with pregnancy.
Your therapist will determine if the kinesiotaping technique is recommended for you and will further explain the details. Feel free to ask about it!!